Village Capital and UBS Want to Level the Playing Field for Entrepreneurs, Everywhere
Village Capital Pathways will help underrepresented founders of high-growth companies in Philadelphia, Chicago, and Atlanta to become investment ready and support the pipeline of diverse startups in these dynamic ecosystems.
Through partnerships with local entrepreneur organizations, we will select a cohort of founders in each city to provide hands-on training, mentorship and connections to local capital.
We’re excited to foster the potential of local founders with this new program through:
Providing Training on our Venture Investment Readiness Awareness Level (VIRAL) Curriculum
Early-stage companies will be selected through the VC Pathways program and trained on our VIRAL curriculum. This curriculum educates companies on how to set and surpass specific milestones designed to position them to be competitive when raising capital. Over the course of three months, we will support selected startups through tailored engagement with local partners and investors, UBS, and collaboration within the cohort of selected companies.
Facilitating Connections to Local Entrepreneur Support Organizations and Angel Investors
Startups often rely on friends and family money as their first source of capital to build their high-growth companies. But not all founders have access to networks with capital. VC Pathways will work to address this issue by connecting the selected founders to potential sources of early capital through:
- Dedicated support from Ecosystem Allies-established entrepreneurship support organizations that act as the main point of contact for each company and facilitate hands-on programming to meet the needs of the cohort.
- Formal and informal interactions with angel investors and mentors who are interested in working with early-stage companies through one-on-one meetings, business development sessions and opportunities to highlight their milestone achievements.
- Startup Heat Map, a roadmap for monetary and in-kind resources in each city for every funding level.
Providing Tangible Business Support
We will also provide resources for building your business, including:
- Amazon Web Services: 2 years of AWS credits (up to $5000)
- Kiva Zip: Eligible for up to $10,000 interest-free Kiva Zip Loan
- Hubspot for Startups: 90% scholarship on all paid HubSpot software for 12 months
- Up to $2,000 in grant funding rewarded for hitting VIRAL program milestones
- Connections and expert advice from UBS executives and network
Who is the program for?
We are currently recruiting African American, Latinx and/or female founders of high-growth companies in Philadelphia, Chicago and Atlanta.
Eligible companies must be tech-enabled with an established Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and be a pre-seed or seed stage ventures with less than $500,000 in revenue to date or in raised funding. Prioirty will be given to companies within the five sectors that Village Capital invests – agriculture, energy, education, fintech and health. Additionally, founders must be available to participate in all local programming events.
What are the program dates?
Key program dates are below:
Application Deadline – Friday, December 22, 2017
Launch Training – January 22 – 23, 2018 5:30 – 8:30pm (both evenings)
Ending Programming – Week of April 16, 2018
Application Deadline – Friday, January 5, 2018
Launch Training – January 29-30, 2018 5:30 – 8:30pm (both evenings)
Ending Programming – Week of April 23, 2018
Application Deadline – Friday, January 19, 2018
Launch Training – February 12 – 13, 2018 5:30 – 8:30pm (both evenings)
Ending Programming – Week of May 7, 2018
How to apply?
Questions? E-mail Emily Edwards at [email protected]