We have selected 12 innovative ventures to participate in a “sneak-peek” of a Village Capital program workshop, including one-on-one mentoring from program mentors. The sessions will culminate in a pitchfest before a group of leaders in the education industry. Through Village Capital’s signature “peer-selection process,” the top peer-selected venture will receive a $1,500 USD grant prize and the top audience-voted venture will receive $1,000 USD!
Village Capital is excited to launch the Education Forum: Colombia 2015 in Bogotá on September 14.
The Village Capital Education Forum: Colombia 2015 program is focused on exploring innovations that address challenges in early childhood eduacation and college and career readiness in Latin America. In the latest Global Competitiveness Index, Colombian quality of primary education ranked 118 of 144 world nations. In particular, we see entrepreneurs as best positioned to provide solutions through
- Technologies that provide personalized education in a local context, addressing needs of schools, students, teachers, and parents;
- Financial access to education and affordable quality education options;
- Products and services that motivate students throughout their individual stages of development;
- Platforms and assessments designed with the user in mind to bring easy-to-use technology solutions to the classroom; and
- Solutions that integrate parents and community into student education.
The Forum is a day-long event that aims to discover entrepreneurs whose innovations, approaches, and practices improve access and outcomes for those who are underserved by the current educational system. The forum consists of two main components: (1) entrepreneur engagement and (2) an investor-facing pitchfest in which one participant will receive $1,000 in grant prize money.
9:00 – 9:30AM: Registration
9:30 – 11:30PM: Pitch practice
11:30 – 1:30PM: Value proposition
1:30 – 3:00PM: Key note and networking lunch
3:00 – 6:00PM: Pitchfest with jury feedback RSVP at vilcap.tl/VilCapEdForum
6:00 – 8:30PM: Village Capital+PALF+Omidyar happy hour (invite only)