Kuli Kuli is a high-growth startup at the intersection of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and social good. We are creating an international market for Moringa oleifera to improve the livelihoods and health of farmers in the developing world. We sell healthy food products made with moringa sustainably sourced from around the world. Our premium, award winning moringa products are sold in over 6,000 grocery stores across the United States. We’ve been featured on CNBC, NPR and the Wall street Journal for our unique products and compelling social mission. Join a great team of driven, passionate individuals building the moringa movement.
Kuli Kuli is looking for an Operations Coordinator to support the development of our supply chain as it serves a growing number of customers. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this is an opportunity to get exposure to manufacturing and distribution. The Operations Coordinator will also gain experience in supply chain management, quality assurance, logistics, inventory, and budget management.
The ideal candidate is a good problem solver and highly organized, with experience managing multiple
projects at once. Keys to success will be an obsessive attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, excitement about variety, and a passion for supporting and helping others. This individual must be analytical, resourceful in handling project roadblocks, a strong executor, and ready to take on additional responsibilities.
• Manage order fulfillment for Kuli Kuli’s growing list of customers. Receive and process purchase orders; book, track and communicate about domestic and international freight; manage customs broker, two warehouses, and two freight carriers to ensure timely and accurate execution
• Support quality assurance by collecting and tracking documentation necessary for certifications and FSMA compliance; manage sampling and testing of raw ingredients
• Support the operations team’s work with accounting by processing retailer invoices, investigating discrepancies and depositing checks
• Ensure customer satisfaction through quick responses and problem-solving to customer service emails and phone calls
• Oversee office management, ensuring adequate inventory and supplies. Lead the team to create a clean, well-stocked and fun work environment
• Excellent time management and prioritization
• Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Strong problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication
• Unshakable positivity with an eagerness to take on additional responsibilities
• Excitement about health, organic food and global development
• High school degree; additional experience in an administrative role or bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office (especially MS Excel and MS Word); prior experience with booking and tracking domestic and international freight, working with an EDI provider and/or NetSuite a plus, but not required
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs (the weight of a master case)
Hours & Compensation
Competitive compensation and performance bonuses provided. This full-time position is based out of our dynamic space near the beautiful waterfront of Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA. Perks include unlimited product, a gym membership, and regular team outings.
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with your name and the position in the subject line like this, “[name] for Operations Coordinator” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.