Emrgy’s modular hydropower turbines enable customers to tap into unused energy resources in small or shallow
water flows to offset grid power consumption and/or achieve grid power independence. Unlike solar or wind power
generators that produce energy intermittently throughout the day, Emrgy’s turbines provide clean, reliable energy
around the clock — and will disrupt the method by which electricity is delivered worldwide.
Building upon decades of research and over $2 million in venture capital and Federal R&D grants, Emrgy is
preparing for revenue pilot installations with committed municipal and utility customers in 2016 with several
commercial sales in the pipeline for 2017.
About The Work. The Engineering Program Manager oversees the commercialization of Emrgy’s current and future
product lines as well as the coordination and administration of Emrgy’s ongoing engineering programs. This role
will oversee the development and maintenance of product-related processes, documentation, and manufacturing,
while working iteratively with Emrgy’s Innovation Team for optimization of the products’ performance and cost.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience managing a staff of different engineering
disciplines to produce results quickly. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of energy or industrial
hardware manufacturing as well as iterative engineering design and delivery. This role will provide strategic
guidance to teams and product managers to promote Emrgy’s goals and values.
The Engineering Program Manager will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer as well as have frequent
interaction with the Chief Executive Officer and Emrgy’s Innovation Team.
About You. We are a growing team and we expect a lot from our teammates. Emrgy is seeking leaders to join our
venture capital-backed Atlanta startup aiming to redefine the state of the art in distributed renewable energy
generation. We want entrepreneurial game changers, self-starters, and team players that want to be part of solving
global problems in a fast-changing environment.
We require flexibility, adaptability, and dedication. Our work is challenging but rewarding, difficult but interesting –
and ultimately it is work that has impact. An entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative approach to developing
solutions are at the core of who we are, and this culture is embraced at all levels of the company.
We’d like to talk with you if you have:
• 5+ years experience in an Engineering Program Management or other engineering management role
• A deep knowledge of energy or industrial hardware manufacturing design and supply chain
• Leadership experience managing a team to solve engineering challenges
• Familiarity with engineering software such as Autodesk/SOLIDWORKS/MS Project
• Top notch written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• BS in Engineering, Program Management or similar field; Master’s Degree a plus
You will thrive at Emrgy if you are able to:
• Work well under pressure while maintaining multiple priorities
• Embrace the culture of a fast-paced, high-growth potential company (preferably with startup experience)
• Take initiative to implement innovative strategies from the ground up
• Adapt well to dynamic forces from customers, partners, and competitors
• Excel in developing process and procedure without existing legacy programs
• Understand what it takes to deliver innovation to an industry without existing roadmaps
Benefits. This is a leadership role within a growing team that is compensated through a market rate salary, select
benefits, and short- and long-term cash and/or equity incentives.
How to Apply. Send your interest directly to the CEO, Emily Morris, at [email protected]