Village Capital’s method of peer-selection and venture development reliably identifies the most promising ventures, providing an efficient and inclusive alternative to conventional due diligence. We have the results to prove it.
Peer-selected ventures are the best of the best, and reflect a diverse array of talented entrepreneurs. We invest in extraordinary entrepreneurs that traditional venture capital firms overlook.
Our portfolio is strong
- VilCap Investments has made 67 investments, with a 90% survival rate
- Portfolio companies have raised more than $80 million in additional capital and generated over $19 million in revenue,
- Portfolio companies have served over two million beneficiaries and created over 7,500 jobs
Our entrepreneurs come from untapped wells of entrepreneurial talent
- 40% of portfolio companies have female founders or co-founders.
- 78% of portfolio companies are located outside of New York, Massachusetts and California
- 23% of US portfolio companies have people of color as founders
Over 500 ventures have participated in over 40 Village Capital programs. Ventures that participate in Village Capital programs measurably and continuously outperform the competition.
- Alumni achieve annual revenue growth of 63%, compared with 21% for a control group.
- Alumni raise eight times more capital than a control group
- Alumni have created over 8,800 jobs, served over five million customers, and leveraged $142 million in investment capital
SOCIAL & ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Our alumni are solving real-world problems, and 60% of their customers are at the base of the pyramid. Their cumulative impact is impressive and includes:
- 24,339,741 lbs of C02 emissions offset
- 174,110 low income students served
- 5,973 smallholder farmers served
- 149,644 low income patients reached
- 21,965 individuals with access to affordable financial services
- 113 tons of plastic waste recycled