Village Capital’s method of peer-selection and venture development reliably identifies the most promising ventures, providing an efficient and inclusive alternative to conventional due diligence. We have the results to prove it.
Peer-selected ventures are the best of the best, and reflect a diverse array of talented entrepreneurs. We invest in extraordinary entrepreneurs that traditional venture capital firms overlook.
Our portfolio is strong
- VilCap Investments has made 72 investments, with a 90% survival rate
- Portfolio companies have raised more than $162 million in additional capital and generated over $36 million in revenue,
- Portfolio companies have served over four and a half million beneficiaries and created over 9,800 jobs
Our entrepreneurs come from untapped wells of entrepreneurial talent
- 43% of portfolio companies have female founders or co-founders.
- 79% of portfolio companies are located outside of New York, Massachusetts and California
- 18% of US portfolio companies have people of color as founders
Over 550 ventures have participated in over 45 Village Capital programs. Ventures that participate in Village Capital programs measurably and continuously outperform the competition.
- Alumni companies generated 43% more revenue than a control group
- Alumni raise eight times more capital than a control group
- Alumni have served over five million customers
- Alumni have created over 11,000 jobs
- Alumni have raised more than $220 million in additional capital
SOCIAL & ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Our alumni are solving real-world problems, and 60% of their customers are at the base of the pyramid. Their cumulative impact is impressive and includes:
- 50,966,294 lbs of C02 emissions offset
- 325,605 low income students served
- 10,531 smallholder farmers served
- 293,547 low income patients reached
- 49,545 individuals with access to affordable financial services
- 3,317 kw of solar power installed
- 361 tons of plastic waste recycled