Village Capital and MetLife Foundation are excited to announce a two-year initiative to develop financial health ecosystems in Poland, Turkey, UAE, and Ukraine.
Each country is a prime testing ground for scaling new financial well-being innovations. In Poland, for example, the rate of online banking adoption is well above the EU average, and Warsaw is home to the back-end financial services that drive the global financial sector. Through this partnership, MetLife Foundation and Village Capital will share learnings that can benefit any community worldwide.
In each location, we will work with top stakeholders to identify top barriers to startup growth, support a select group of financial health startups navigate those barriers, and partner with a local accelerator to lay groundwork for a long-term path to scale.
Starting in Poland this spring, we will:
- Host a financial health roundtable that convenes top experts from across the ecosystem, including startups, investors, regulators, banks, and corporates;
- Select and provide business development support to a group of 10-12 startups seeking investment to scale their innovations across Poland;
- Showcase the participating companies through a Financial Health Forum, in which two participating ventures will receive $10,000 grants from MetLife Foundation;
- Partner with a local financial technology accelerator to help provide best practices in startup development and an international network of stakeholders through our VilCap Communities initiative.
Village Capital and the MetLife Foundation are seeking startups developing products that address true barriers to low-to-moderate income families living financial healthy lives. We are specifically interested in companies that:
- Improve the financial resiliency of underserved households;
- Lower the barriers for SMEs in supporting their employees and growing their businesses;
- Increase the relevance and affordability of savings, credit, payments, and insurance through leveraging data analytics and/or blockchain technology;
- Improve efficiency in supply chains and distribution channels across sectors through increased price transparency and access to other decision-driving market information.
Applications are closed. If you’re interested in more information before filling out an application, please email Chris Cusack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Dates and Locations
Check back for updates on the initiative in Dubai (Fall 2017), Ukraine (Spring 2018), and Turkey (Fall 2018).