Village Capital and MetLife Foundation are seeking applications for a Financial Health Competition for early-stage entrepreneurs in the Middle East and Egypt. The competition will conclude in a one-day financial health forum in Dubai where startups will be eligible for grants totaling USD $50,000. We are seeking startups working to improve financial health for low-to-moderate income families.
The forum will be held on December 19. Ten startups will be selected to participate and compete for three grant prizes totaling USD $50,000 ($25,000, $15,000, and $10,000, respectively) from MetLife Foundation.
Applications open October 8 and close on November 3. Apply today.
Financial health refers to a household’s ability to manage day-to-day cash flow, build resiliency against economic shocks, and take advantage of opportunities. While financial access is a necessary first step to improving the financial lives of lower-income consumers, a whole suite of financial services and products are needed to realize consumer financial health outcomes such as short- and long-term savings, coping mechanisms to protect against economic shock, sustainable debt loads, and insurance.
PRIZES: Up to 10 enterprises will be chosen to attend the Financial Health Forum on December 19, 2017 in Dubai, UAE. This includes:
- Participating in a day of business development/investment readiness training with industry experts and investors,
- All expenses paid flights to, and accommodation in Dubai, UAE and
- The potential to win USD $25,000, $15,000, or $10,000 prize money to grow and build a venture.
Eligible Enterprises: Examples of this type of initiative include ventures that:
- Located in the Middle East or Egypt;
- Improve financial health for low-to-moderate income families and promote economic empowerment;
- Increase the relevance and affordability of savings, credit, payments, and insurance
- Lower the barriers for SMEs in supporting their employees and growing their businesses;
- Improve efficiency in supply chains and distribution channels across sectors through increased price transparency and access to other decision-driving market information.
The forum is part of the Metlife Foundation Financial Health Series, a two-year initiative to build startup ecosystems around financial health in Europe and the UAE.
Application Deadline: November 3, 2017
If you are interested in more information before filling out an application, please email Dahlia Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org.