MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN WASHINGTON DC AND REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE VP OF FINANCIAL OPERATIONS.
You will be responsible for the lifecycle of MPOWER’s products. As a hands-on, technology proficient product expert, you will work closely with the engineering, marketing, and operations teams to define and deliver innovative products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ideating, implementing, and managing a diverse and innovative product lineup in collaboration with internal stakeholders across business units
- Owning the design process, workflows, and functional components to drive concrete product improvements and efficiencies
- Working with designers, developers and subject market experts to get product requirements well scoped, designed and built
- Analyzing user and internal feedback to deliver data-driven insights to optimize products with goals to improve borrowers experience and business metrics
- Communicating scope and progress to internal and external stakeholders, including the Executive team
- Undergraduate degree, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience in financial services (consumer credit, education financing, or online lending platforms)
- Tech savvy and data-driven
- 1-2 years of UX/UI and/or human factors experience is a strong plus
- Proven ability to understand and communicate business and engineering requirements
- Superior verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.