We enable students from around the world to attend top U.S. universities by removing financial barriers to higher-education. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields – all passionate about access to higher-education and financial inclusion. As a FinTech startup funded by a prominent private equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges to economic mobility. We work hard, have fun, and believe in our mission. For us, it’s personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, BASED IN WASHINGTON, D.C. AND REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER.
You will provide expertise and leadership in operations and customer experience solutions, as well as process implementation and vendor relations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing a team of dedicated operations and customer service professionals by developing and coaching to their strengths through open communication and clear expectations
- Setting the overarching operations strategy and translating it into functional goals for your team
- Continuously driving improvements in customer service standards and operations, including origination, servicing and collections
- Establishing KPIs and managing internal and vendor partners to achieve targets
- Establishing processes and controls to drive quality of product as well as legal and compliance
- Analyzing all steps of the application funnel and driving enhancements to improve turnaround times and processing
- Improving the customer experience across existing communication channels and exploring innovative opportunities to interact with the customer
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field
- 5 – 7 years in operations, including as a senior manager
- Expertise in Lean Management or Six Sigma in Financial Services (consumer credit, education financing, or online lending platforms)
- Familiarity with student loan compliance (Reg Z, Reg B, Fair Lending) a plus
- Proven track record building and driving effective teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
If interested, please apply here – https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/careers/?gh_jid=656888