We enable students from around the world to attend top U.S. universities by removing financial barriers to higher-education. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields – all passionate about access to higher-education and financial inclusion. As a FinTech startup funded by a prominent private equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges to economic mobility. We work hard, have fun, and believe in our mission. For us, it’s personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, BASED IN WASHINGTON, D.C. AND REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER.
You will lead a global engineering team, provide a technology vision for MPOWER, and serve as an expert in architecting solutions in the FinTech space. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to establish technology solutions at a business and technical level. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading multidisciplinary international teams
- Defining the business case for solutions, designing the solution to help with prototyping and development, and taking solutions through to concept and market stages
- Demonstrating thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and becoming a trusted advisor on the executive team
- Leading the design, estimation, planning, and implementation of business solutions that require engineering solutions
- Delivering compelling presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, advanced degree preferred
- 5 – 10 years hands-on experience as a Director of Engineering and/or Lead Developer,
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage tracks of work with up to 10 people, throughout the project lifecycle
- Extensive experience in Financial Services (consumer credit, education financing, or online lending platforms a plus), with a background in consulting a plus
- Experience in leading agile development projects
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- Extensive experience in architectural development, design patterns and implementation of custom developed solutions and product integration projects
- Knowledge of product and package selection methods
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Spanish language skills a plus
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
If interested, please apply here – https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/careers/?gh_jid=547394