Kuli Kuli is looking for an experienced Marketing Director to lead growth within our growing number of retail accounts. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an incredible opportunity to lead a huge growth period for Kuli Kuli and expand consumer awareness about a mission-driven superfood. The Marketing Director is responsible for building the Kuli Kuli brand by leading strategy and partnering with Sales to drive business opportunities in key strategic channels through mix of analytics, sales tools and collateral, promotions, campaigns, product packaging and product renovation. This is Kuli Kuli’s first Marketing hire and would also work closely with our Creative Director to develop and execute brand strategy.
The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of consumer packaged goods marketing experience as well as experience with project management. Keys to success will be strong organizational skills with attention to details, excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, a passion for variety, and the ability to wear many hats. This individual must be analytical/financially oriented, resourceful in handling project roadblocks, and be a strong executer. Lastly, this position is both strategic and tactical and we expect the right person to be able to flex between 10,000 foot thinking and 10 foot thinking.
•Develop and oversee execution of the marketing strategy for Kuli Kuli’s retail partners and tactics including promotions, packaging, merchandising, events, and consumer sampling.
• Quantitatively analyze the business to understand performance and identify problems and opportunities. Update competitive analysis and prepare recommendations.
• Develop budget to support marketing strategy and track projects. Responsible for ROI on all marketing efforts.
• Support consumer insights research to improve marketing efforts.
• Initiate exciting and out-of-the-box ideas in promoting the Kuli Kuli brand to consumers and trade partners.
• Work with cross-functioning teams to launch new products and increase sales of existing lines.
• Manage partnerships to elevate and amplify the Kuli Kuli brand, such as co-branded products and co-branded marketing activities
• Lead and define annual product plans and marketing investment strategy and execution, solidify the markets that we are focusing on, and establishing brand recognition.